Frank Stott of Stottville, NY came to Raquette Lake to build a camp on Bluff Point in 1877. He was a textile manufacturer in New York City and returned to the area for several summers on fishing trips before acquiring the peninsula. The original Stott camp was a collection of one-story log buildings and pavilions framed in logs. The camp as it now exists represents the work of Robert Collier, the magazine publisher, who acquired it in the early 1900s. Collier modified the earlier Stott buildings and expanded the camp to over twenty structures.