Echo Camp on Long Point sustains the finest qualities of the Durant influence on Raquette Lake in the 1880s. Echo has been in continual use since it was built by Governor Phineas C. Lounsbury of Connecticut in 1883, within five years after Durant began building Pine Knot. Several generations of Lounsburies vacationed at Echo until it was sold to an individual in 1948 who ran it as a private childrens camp for over fifty years. It has now evolved back to its original use as a private family estate. Parts of Echo Camp have been subdivided and sold off to individual owners, but the main complex remains intact and has been carefully and lovingly restored and maintained by its present owners.